Join the Team
At Abide, our vision is to be the world leader in developing serine hydrolase inhibitors to treat diseases with unmet medical need. Our culture enables our vision: Creativity and innovation thrive in Abide’s open and collaborative environment, which fosters a relentless spirit of inquiry and values team success. Our team’s commitment to the highest level of achievement combined with a no-nonsense approach to our work enables us to meet the toughest scientific challenges head-on and always remember that “Every Day Is the Most Important Day.”
Enabling our team members to realize their potential is important to all of us at Abide. We offer a comprehensive and industry-competitive benefits package that recognizes the achievements of our team members, and we offer financial ownership in the company via stock options. We view this as a smart investment in our people, one that recognizes the tremendous value they bring to our business every day.
Health & Wellness
We believe in the health and wellness of our team members and their families. We provide medical, dental, and vision coverage, flexible spending accounts, and an onsite fitness center. We also offer team members life insurance, comprehensive disability benefits, and discounted rates on various other types of insurance, including supplemental disability and life insurance.
We foster an exciting, collaborative, and entrepreneurial work environment, and we also recognize the importance of work/life balance. We encourage our team members to spend time with family and friends through our Flexible Paid Time Off policy.
Abide is Growing
We are seeking exceptional candidates who are passionate about discovering and developing new medicines that can transform the lives of patients around the world. If you are interested joining our team, please review our open positions and contact us to apply. Abide is an equal opportunity employer.
Abide Therapeutics is seeking a highly motivated, experienced Accounts Payable/Administration Specialist to contribute to the identification and development of novel small-molecule drugs targeting the serine hydrolase enzyme family. Abide’s mission is to develop innovative medicines that target serine hydrolases, one of the largest enzyme classes in nature with validated, but mostly untapped therapeutic potential. Abide is a privately held biotechnology company that was founded on scientific research from Professor Ben Cravatt’s laboratories at The Scripps Research Institute.
If you thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and enjoy creative and challenging work, Abide may be the company for you. We are currently seeking an Accounts Payable/Administration Specialist to join our team.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Full-cycle accounts payable, ensuring invoices are valid, coded correctly, have appropriate approvals and vendors are paid on a timely basis
- Audit invoices against purchase orders, research discrepancies, and process payments
- Prepare weekly check run, ACH and wire payments
- Investigate problems that vendors have with discrepancies or obtaining payment for bills
- Maintain vendor relationships
- Reconcile general ledger accounts with various registers
- Reconcile credit card accounts and requisite receipts
- Extract general ledger information as needed
- Review and process expense reports
- Process annual 1099’s and 3921’s
- Assist in annual financial audit
- Complete special projects as needed
- Support requests from other departments
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department Reception coverage as needed
- Assist with shipping and receiving responsibilities
- Purchasing support and preparation of purchase orders as requires
- Provide administrative support to team including travel arrangements, meeting organization and set up
- Other administrative duties as needed
Experience and education requirements:
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting a plus
- 3+ years of experience
- Experience using computerized accounting systems, QuickBooks experience is required
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, Excel, Word and PowerPoint and Outlook
- Highest degree of integrity
- Customer service focused
- Excellent communication skills
- Professional and proactive approach to work, problem solver
- Strong organizational skills, concern for quality and accuracy
- High attention to detail and follow through
- Deadline oriented
Abide Therapeutics is seeking a highly motivated, Biology Student Intern to contribute to the identification and development of novel small-molecule drugs targeting the serine hydrolase enzyme family. Abide’s mission is to develop innovative medicines that target serine hydrolases, one of the largest enzyme classes in nature with validated, but mostly untapped therapeutic potential. Abide is a privately held biotechnology company that was founded on scientific research from Professor Ben Cravatt’s laboratories at The Scripps Research Institute.
If you thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and enjoy creative and challenging work, Abide may be the company for you. We are currently seeking a Biology Student Intern to join our team.
The successful candidate will be a highly organized and detail-oriented student with a positive attitude and willingness to learn. This will be invaluable experience for a student looking to attain basic laboratory skills and gain hands on experience using essential equipment for pharmacology and biology research. The work hours will be flexible, approximately 10 – 20 hours per week.
- Prepare buffers, dilute reagents (e.g. probes), and maintain reagent stocks.
- Assist scientists in experimental setup such preparation of protein reagents (e.g. tissue extracts) and labeling of tubes and compounds.
- Prepare large format gel electrophoresis by washing glassware and stacking glass plates
- Monitor and order common laboratory supplies.
- Other miscellaneous general laboratory duties.
- Undergraduate pursuing a degree in the biological sciences
- Practical experience in a laboratory environment a plus
- Must be able to work productively in a fast-paced collaborative team environment
- Willingness to learn
- Excellent communication skills are essential
For additional information about Abide Therapeutics, Inc. please visit our website at www.abidetx.com. For consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter referencing job SIB2017.03.17 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Abide Therapeutics, Inc. is an EEO employer.